Wednesday update …
Welp. Fading Severino was good. Going Erv Santana didn’t pay off… Nor did stacking both on DK. Sooooooooooooooooooo, lets wash that Loss Aside.
WED-THU SLATE STRATEGY …
I am going to do another write up on Thursday to talk about those games. I don’t want to let that cat out of the bag yet but here’s the players the players to consider from tonight for the 3 game Wed-Thu slate
- Zack Greinke — As I suspected, the roof is closed. That’s not the big news. The big news is Jeff Mathis is behind the plate. Arizona will need Greinke to shine if they want to win tonight. He will.
- Jake Lamb — All in on the splish splash tonight
- JD Martinez — I think lots will go Sale tomorrow. Not us…. Lets pay up for JD tonight.
- Ketel Marte — Marte in the two hole is interesting. I’m going to be heavy on the Astros tomorrow — I can tell you that much, but I love the idea of Marte plugged in at SS tonight.
- Plan on a SP not named Chris Sale for tomorrow. We’re going with Verlander folks!
So for Wed-Thu I would just get Greinke, Lamb, JD and Marte plugged in and then put a dummy lineup around them. If you want one guy from Colorado tonight, make it Carlos Gonzalez
Also… Because I had one of my best days on 2016 Opening Day stacking Colorado @ Greinke in Arizona, I will have ONE hedge lineup with a full Rockies stack tonight. Cargo, Blackmon, Story and of course, the GOAT … Nolan
WILD CARD GAME PREDICTIONS …
My instinct feel on these games is going to drive a ton of my picks below. So if you disagree with them then go pound sand! But in all seriousness, you should figure out how the games will play out and go that route. In the playoffs there are three basic rules that I want to lock onto.
- If I think a pitcher is definitely going to win then I lock him in.
- If a batter has strong BvP against a pitcher. I ride it.
- Don’t chase home runs.
- Ervin Santana …. Ervin is my guy. The Twins are going to win and he’s the ONLY pitcher of the four going who is going to lock in the points for the win. I think this game is going to be low scoring and Santana will pitch DEEP into the game with a small lead.
- Zack Greinke …. Greinke has been much better at home this year but he still has some Rockies demons. This, honestly, is the game that worries me the most for the Diamondbacks the entire playoffs. Yup, they are my World Series pick to win it all (sweeping the Dodgers on the way!)… I think Greinke will pitch well but might not be the benefactor of getting the win….
- Luis Severino … I don’t mind playing Sev + Santana on DK, which will be a common tactic on the small slate.
There are two games… You are picking players from everywhere, so stacking is a pointless recommendation in the playoffs….
- Jonathan Lucroy – Chris Iannetta has been playing in the 2 hole a lot for Arizona down the stretch which makes him likely the 2nd most popular guy behind Sanchez (who will suck tonight), but Lucroy has good history off Greinke and it’s the bottom part of the Rockies order that scares me.
- Jason Castro
- Paul Goldschmidt – Goldy is 0 for 11 against Gray, but he will be the guy to come through for Arizona in the clutch.
- Joe Mauer
- Brandon Drury
- DJ LeMahieu
- Jake Splish Splash Lamb!
- Todd Frazier
- Just play Lamb ….
- Trevor Story – Owns Greinke and owns Chase Field
- Jorge Polanco – Twins MVP
- David Peralta
- JD Martinez
- Carlos Gonzalez
- Charlie Blackmon
- Aaron Judge – Santana will give up 1 solo HR. Worth the upside.
- Jake Lamb
Low Owned HR:
- Brandon Drury