FullTime Fantasy 2023 NFL Draft Rookie Scouting Profile: Bijan Robinson
Bijan Robinson (RB) Texas
|Height||Weight||40-Time||DOB||NFL Draft||Dynasty ADP||NFL Comp|
A five-star recruit out of Salpoint Catholic (AZ) where he compiled three consecutive seasons with 2000-plus rushing yards and averaged a robust 13.7 yards per tote figure. The Longhorns won the recruiting battle and Robinson starred immediately. Accumulated 705 rushing yards and 15 grabs as a true freshman in 2020. Was named a semi-finalist for the Doak Walker Award, Maxwell Award, and Earl Campbell Tyler Rose Award in 2021. Won the Doak Walker in 2022 and garnered unanimous All-American honors as a junior. Leaves Texas as the school’s fourth-highest rusher and scorer (41 touchdowns).
The Dynasty Football World Championships Orphans are now on sale! Click HERE to enter the Orphans lobby and get teams up to 50% OFF!
• Three-down back with superlative size, power, speed (108.7-speed score), and all-around ability.
• Consistently showcased elite vision, power, and decision-making ability. Possesses the strength and agility to be a plus short-yardage and red-zone option as both a runner and receiver.
• Led nation in missed tackles forced (104) and boasted the second-highest overall RB grade per PFF.
• Has the speed, size, and hands to be a problematic matchup as a receiver out of the backfield. Can stay on the field on all downs and game scripts.
• Excellent footwork. Is able to make quick cuts and can fit any scheme.
• Durable and tough. Gets stronger with more carries. Bell-cow back that kind take over and close out games without losing effectiveness.
• Has the power to run over defensive backs. Can pop out of traffic and has enough long speed to take short gains to the house.
Areas for Improvement
• 89th-percentile speed score but lacks the elite top gear to separate from faster defensive backs.
• Solid receiver but doesn’t always reel in catches with hands.
• Can hold his own as a pass-blocker but will need to work to improve against bigger, faster NFL defensive ends and pass rushers.
• Will have to learn to let plays develop and rely on blockers when accounting for much faster NFL defenders.
Bijan Robinson is poised to join Earl Campbell, Ricky Williams, Cedric Benson, and Jamaal Charles as the next great NFL and fantasy running back. Robinson has the perfect blend of size, speed, and power to excel. Plus, he’s a very good pass catcher who won’t need to come off the field. He’s been considered a can’t-miss prospect since his freshman year and his play has more than warranted the accolades.
In early best-ball drafts, Robinson is often being nabbed as a first-round selection and top-three back. Even in SuperFlex dynasty rookie drafts, Bijan is the locked-in 1.01. One of the safest picks in the 2023 NFL Draft, Robinson could sneak into the top 10 but is a lock for Day One.
In redrafts, Robinson is already contending for RB1 honors and should command and ADP near the 1/2 turn. There’s risk in being that bold, but the reward makes snagging Robinson tantalizing.
Other Rookie Profiles