I am not really sure why I am breaking my rule and writing an early slate that is just 4 games, but here we are.
- Roof will be closed in Milwaukee
- Slate includes a day game at Dodger Stadium (Rare) with 74 degree temps (solid)
Brad Keller … With eight choices today it’s hard for me to pass up my boy Keller in a spot where he can keep the ball down and give us a nice 7 inning stat line. This has been a relatively low scoring series and I expect another under today in Chicago.
Walker Buehler … The Reds are really bad offensively and while we have some reason to consider being different on a short slate, I don’t want to be kicking myself for not having Walker in his first really good start of 2019.
NY Mets … The Mets got pummeled last night early and should bounce back against Jake Arrieta today. They were still crushing Pivetta and have too much power in a small park to be ignored in a day game today.
- CORE: Peter Alonso, Michael Conforto
- SNEAKY: Amed Rosario (Had a horrible defensive game last night, bounce back today), Travis d’Arnaud
ST. LOUIS … My contrarian pivot today will be going to the Cardinals over the Brewers. Corbin Burnes has a lot of strikeout upside for sure but is also giving up a TON of long balls early in the year. Matt Carpenter should get his going today.
- CORE: Matt Carpenter, Paul Dejong, Paul Goldschmidt
- SNEAKY: Kolten Wong
LA DODGERS … Warm games in LA produce a ton of offense normally. This is a 12pm start time which is a little odd for the Dodgers and Reds but this game is next on the pecking order for me in terms of offense and the Dodgers will continue to rake vs RHP.
- CORE: Joc Pederson, Corey Seager
- SNEAKY: Max Muncy gets going today