Let’s break down the College Basketball Slate today folks
Wisconsin vs Indiana
- This game blows for DFS.
- Badgers have been playing much better and righted the ship after they went through some really rough spots but are still a mediocre team in a good league.
- Gimme Hoosiers 1H and Hoosiers -2…
Villanova vs Georgetown
- G’Town has one of the worst defenses on the slate and their two best players who have been out a ton are likely out again today.
- Entire ‘Nova starting five is in play and their best guys (Gillespie, Bey) are also relatively affordable given the matchup as well
- Justin Moore and Jermaine Samuels though in the 6k range really stand out as top value plays. If the G’Town studs (Mac & Omer) miss again then I think Nova handles business and gets out of town.
- G’Town has value in Wahab (4500) to consider.
- Gimme Nova -7.5 and the UNDER 144.5
Marquette vs St. John’s
- Markus Howard is going to be everyone’s favorite play today. I don’t like him a ton on the road and with 11 games and half of them are pretty good for DFS it’s not my normal build to pay up for a 9k player — especially on the road. But this game should have a ton of points in it and Howard alone should get 40 fantasy points. I think he needs a 60 though to be unfadeable and I don’t see that happening.
- That said, the rule of thumb on Howard is either Howard or everyone else. Everyone else plays would be Koby McEwen and Sacar Anim. I don’t want the value Marquette guys.
- Marcellus Earlington (St. Johns) for 5200 on DraftKings is the SNEAKY play in this game.
- Im a sucker for Rasheem Dunn and with the high tempo I can see him attacking a bunch in this game.
- Bet the 1H under, 2H Over
Auburn vs Tennessee
- I went heavy on this game last time they played at Auburn and Isaac Okoro missed that game for Auburn but should be back today. In that game Tennessee had a huge lead in the 2H and blew it because they suddenly stopped scoring. If you are team who only focuses on offense you can beat Auburn — a team I think is going to the final 4. Tennessee is not that.
- But you bet your ass I am gonna play the over here.
- Isaac Okoro should destroy Tennessee in my mind and nobody will roster him today.
- Jordan Bowden and John Fulkerson would be the ones to have solid games for the Vols.
- Josiah-Jordan James at $5600 is the much better pt/$ play than Bowden on DK though.
- Yves Pons is your “get me 22 fantasy points” play if are stuck but lots of options in his price range.
- Auburn needs to play well and the Vols are playing well and probably upset they blew the first game.
- This game is going over….. time…
Kentucky vs Florida
Baylor vs West Virginia
- Long live Kevin Pittsnogle
- Take me home
- Country Roads
- Great game to watch.
- Bad game to DFS stack.
- Bob Huggins Money Line
Rutgers vs Purdue
- Glenn Robinson aint walkin through dem doors.
- I cannot think of anyone good who played basketball at Rutgers
- Eddie Jordan. Gotta harvest your nuts right now….
- Yeah this game sucks.
Georgia vs LSU
- Not sure why anyone would play Markus Howard for 9200 when Anthony Edwards for 8100 in non 11am game in Baton Rouge is just available to us.
- Jordan Harris – value play of the day. Normally I wouldnt consider a value player on the road, but … it’s LSU.
- Same is true for Sahvir Wheeler — who I likely will end up going actually for $600 more.
- Dear Trendon Watford….. … play him
- Marlon Taylor is likely the other LSU Tiger I force in at $4300. At home he should hopefully avoid fouls and can exploit Georgia for a good game.
- Both Mays and Smart do what they do, but Mays tends to take over games when he has big outings and would be a stand alone play IMO.
Kansas vs Texas Tech
- Kansas could lose this game and still be a #1 seed.
- Texas Tech would no doubt secure a berth with a win here.
- Kansas is considered the #1 team in the country right now and in a season when whoever is the #1 team ends up choking one could see a sneaky upset here.
- The only way Kansas loses is if the game goes under.
- Might be a good spot to in game bet Kansas though if Texas Tech comes out white hot and a high paced game and you can get Kansas at + odds.
- oh theres not much DFS value here unless you go with the TT upset — in which case roll Ramsey at $6600. next.
Seton Hall vs Creighton
- This is a toughie, both teams have lots of options to consider but the Seton Hall prices seem very high for a road game.
- Most could look at this and say first game went over this one going under. I think that’s a mistake.
- Myles Powell and Sandro Mamukelavishill are the only Pirates one can trust in this spot, neither to me is a must.
- The Blue Jays are always one of three guards, Alexander, Zegarowski or Ballock. Roll the dice on one.
- Play the 1H over.
Colorado vs Utah
- The Pac-12 has been a pain in my ass this year but I’m gonna be tempted to play Timmy Allen for Utah at 2% ownership.
- If you do play Timmy Allen, you’d be a fool not to use Tyler Bey in the same lineup. Colorado technically has the better match-up, and if Utah Shines it should only boost Bey’s usage in a close game.
- There’s a couple value spots due to injury on Utah in Both Gach and Jaxon Brenchley. Neither leaps out to me but Gach makes sense if stacking the game.
CORE PLAYS RANKED
- Taylor / Watford / Edwards (GA/LSU game)
- Villanova Players & St John’s Exposure (Rasheem Dunn)
- Josiah-Jordan James / Okoro (Tenn/Auburn game)
HIGH UPSIDE LOW OWNED
- Tyler Bey / Timmy Allen (Pac12 game)
BEST GAMES TO TARGET
- Georgia vs LSU
- Marquette vs St. John’s
- Seton Hall vs Creighton
- Villanova vs Georgetown
- Auburn vs Tennessee
- Colorado vs Utah
- Wisconsin vs Indiana
- Kentucky vs Florida
- Baylor vs West Virginia
- Rutgers vs Purdue