With a pivotal Week 13 upon us, we have weeks of data that displays consistent evidence of potential plays and fades. Once again, some of fantasy football’s biggest names appear in both excellent potential starts and some shaky ones too. Also, play your studs unless you have the depth to sit them–always go with your gut. Most of the time, you should dance with who brung you. Good luck, and Happy Thanksgiving. Make sure to tell the ones that are most important in your life that you love them!
The top 5 QBs, RBs, WRs, and TEs to start and sit in numerical order, according to the matchup data. All players listed merely have the easiest or toughest matchups. See positional write-ups for further analysis.
Note: The numbers next to the position players represent the opponent’s average fantasy points per game allowed to that position.
- Jared Goff vs. Cardinals / 24.67
- Nick Foles vs. Bucs / 22.2
- Sam Darnold vs. Bengals / 22.61
- Carson Wentz vs. Dolphins / 21.58
- Pat Mahomes vs. Raiders / 21.33
- Deshaun Watson vs Patriots / 7.79
- Lamar Jackson vs 49ers / 10.82
- Dak Prescott vs Bills / 11.49
- Jimmy Garoppolo vs Ravens / 12.81
- Philip Rivers vs Broncos / 12.9
It will be interesting in Sean McVay can rally his troops vs. the Cards and if Goff can rebound as well. Sam Darnold is hot and has another favorable matchup vs. the Bengals. Every QB balls against Miami, but Wentz isn’t working with much on offense. Mahomes is due for a five-TD game. You can’t sit Lamar Jackson.
- Josh Jacobs vs. Chiefs / 25.07
- David Montgomery and Tarik Cohen vs. Lions / 24.28
- Adrian Peterson & Derrius Guice vs. Panthers / 23.59
- Miles Sanders vs. Dolphins / 23.51
- Saquon Barkley vs. Packers / 22.98
- Carlos Hyde & Duke Johnson vs Patriots / 10.69
- Leonard Fournette vs Bucs / 11.56
- Mark Ingram vs 49ers / 12.61
- Atlanta RBs vs. Saints / 12.91
- Derrick Henry vs Colts / 13.78
Josh Jacobs enters the contest with a shoulder ailment but is poised for significant opportunities vs. KC. David Montgomery has been feast or famine over the last five games, and he is a tough call for fantasy owners vs. Detroit. Is Miles Sanders ready for a breakout game for those who’ve held him all year? Adrian Peterson has been forgotten but shouldn’t be in the matchup vs. Carolina.
Barkley has averaged a whopping 8.05 PPG over the last two weeks. Three RB studs in Leonard Fournette, Mark Ingram, and Derrick Henry should still have solid days even though the numbers so no.
- DJ Chark & Dede Westbrook vs Bucs / 31.75
- Davante Adams & Packers vs Giants / 27.64
- Eagles WRs vs Dolphins / 26.84
- Michael Thomas & Saints vs Falcons / 26.83
- DeVante Parker & Dolphins vs Eagles / 26.44
- DeAndre Hopkins and Will Fuller vs. Patriots / 12.35
- Amari Cooper, Michael Gallup & Randall Cobb vs. Bills / 15.89
- Kenny Golladay and Marvin Jones vs. Bears / 15.93
- Courtland Sutton vs. Chargers / 16.71
- John Brown & Cole Beasley vs. Cowboys / 17.41
Three of the year’s top WRs end up on the “start” list between Thomas, Chark, and Adams. Was Mike Thomas the best 1st round pick this year other than CMC? DeVante Parker is poised to continue his hot streak. No way I’m sitting any of the Cowboy WRs even though the numbers indicate sits. Dallas is more potent than Buffalo on offense. On the flip side, don’t be afraid to fire up Bills WRs, the Cole Beasley revenge game should be exciting. Lions WRs are in trouble according to the numbers and 3rd string QB play.
- Gerald Everett & Tyler Higbee vs. Cardinals / 14.46
- Jaguars TEs vs. Bucs / 10.99
- Giants TEs vs. Packers / 9.96
- Travis Kelce vs. Raiders / 9.63
- Kyle Rudolph & Irv Smith vs. Seahawks 9.44
- Mark Andrews vs. 49ers / 3.15
- Jason Witten & Blake Jarwin vs. Bills / 3.53
- Tyler Eifert & CJ Uzomah vs. Jets / 5.2
- Jimmy Graham vs. Giants / 5.3
- George Kittle vs. Ravens / 5.34
Keep your eye out on the Rams TE situation with Gerald Everett ailing; Tyler Higbee could be an excellent play vs. Arizona. Travis Kelce owners will be rewarded in a pivotal Week 13 vs. Oakland. Both Vikings TEs are also crafty plays vs. Seattle, and they could still be missing Adam Thielen. Two stud face of one another in Baltimore in a battle of two of the league’s top teams. I believe Andrews has a big game vs. the 49ers.