- July 22, 2020 at 6:12 pm #156190
2020 FFWC ANNOUNCEMENTS
- The 2020 Las Vegas Venue Announcement We have always prided ourselves on bringing the fun back, to the annual Las Vegas draft trip. It’s the most incredible time of our year to see all of our players and put on the event that we all love. This year however, Las Vegas has been erratic to say the least. Opening, closing, re-opening, and closing again, travel restrictions, temperature checks, enhanced safety measures etc. All of that to say that for the 2020 season, we do not feel it is right or safe, to offer a Live Event in Las Vegas. Many of you know that the Palms closed for the remainder of this year so we have been in contact with many properties on and off the strip the last five months to at least have a plan in place, but as time went on, we continued to question if this was the right move, and we know that for some of our seniors, a trip is literally not possible. While some are eager and ready to book, several of our players have told us privately that due to COVID-19 their family fears their travel, but that they would probably go if we offered the event anyway. I can share with you that our leadership team, in a unanimous decision, doesn’t think that’s wise nor do any of us really want that on our conscience. We’re hopeful you can understand our position. Our Live Las Vegas event WILL return in 2021 and the plan we have in place is bigger than any we have ever dreamed!
- Virtual Only Drafts No live in person drafts means that for the first time ever, we’ll be hosting the first ever FFWC Virtual Drafting. Online drafts only. We will be setting up some Zoom (video conferencing) drafts for those who want to see those ugly mugs while they draft. To get ready you will need the camera on your mobile or computer and the Zoom app or program installed on your PC or Apple device. Click Here to Download the Zoom Installer
- World Championships This year more than any doesn’t feel like we’ll be playing and offering a game where skill ultimately decides the winner. Athletes are likely going to be asked for a game day temperature check when they first wake up and again when they arrive at the stadium. All of this being logged into a massive tracking database, and who knows the team ramifications that will play out. Will games be suspended, forfeited or cancelled outright? Fantasy players are going to have setbacks this year. You’re going to have unexpected game results that are completely out of your control. The more variables you introduce to this game of skill, the less likely that skill will decide the winner. It is our belief that COVID-19 will inevitably wreak havoc on player’s investments and for that reason we will NOT be crowning a conventional World Champion or Online Champion in 2020. The legacy of our champions means too much to us to put an asterisk alongside our 2020 winners’ names. For that reason…
- Rake Free Leagues (100% Payout)* Leagues are now being offered in the lobby! – For the 2020 season we’re offering High-stakes Dominator leagues ($1,200 entry, you can win up to $10,000 in these leagues with $14,000 in prizing) and Mid-Stakes Online Champ Leagues ($200 entry, you can win up to $2,000 in these leagues with $2,400 in prizing). League fees have been cut a third while prizing goes way way up! (*after credit card fees) We beefed up prizes everywhere we could including adding a Runner-up prizes to the high-stakes leagues. A few changes we’ve implemented to help factor in for the craziness we expect this season.
- One request: Access to these leagues are MEMBER ONLY please. 6 month membership is $64.75 (1 month free) and 1 year membership is $116.55 (3 months free). You can choose either one by clicking here. There are numerous software, marketing and staff costs to providing these contests for you. You can show your support by becoming a member and gaining access to all of the incredible content our team puts out.
- CONTINGENCY PLANNING
- 8 Game Minimum or FULL REFUND – If the NFL doesn’t complete at least 8 games we will refund everyone’s purchase as they signed up. Dynasty dues as the lone exception, will be credited to future year/s dues.
- Shortened Season Payouts (prior to playoffs) – If the season is reduced prior to the playoffs, all prize money will be split evenly among the teams who would have qualified for the playoffs.
- Shortened Season Payouts (during playoffs) – If the season is reduced during the playoffs, 50% of 1st place prizing will go to the team in 1st place, 50% of 2nd place prizing will go to the team in 2nd place. The rest will be evenly split among the playoff teams.
- All contingency plans in full are posted to the leagues rules pages
- We are now utilizing TEAM KICKER for all non-dynasty leagues. TK is what you’re looking for in the draft room positional filter, so if you want Justin Tucker, select Ravens under the Team Kicker position. If he gets hurt, you also get his backup. This helps in case the kicker is ruled out on game day. No reason to waste a valuable roster spot on a backup kicker.
- We will be moving Friday night waivers to Sunday Morning at 11am eastern. – This is due to the athletes being temperature checked on game days and likely causing some serious lineup decisions on Sunday morning. Hopefully it’s far enough away from the start of the games to allow you time to get all your lineups in while still having time to get accurate information about players being ruled out from Sunday games.
- We are now offering a SLOW draft option for the high-stakes Dominator leagues – In years past we didn’t think it was right that some leagues were drafted SLOW and some LIVE for our biggest contest, but that isn’t an issue this year. The clock for these is SIX hours instead of FOUR and the overnight timer is extended THREE additional hours, 1am eastern to 10am eastern) to better account for west coast drafters.
- All other ONLINE LIVE drafts are now set at a ONE minute per pick timer. We have tested this throughout the Summer and everyone loves how it keeps the pace rolling. We’ve been completing our Starter Leagues in just over an hour. It really keeps the draft moving! High stakes Dominator leagues will remain at 90 seconds.
- PRIZE TICKETS – If you have a TICKET in your player dashboard with a higher cash value than the entries here, don’t waste it! Simply click on the ticket prior to entering and it will add the Cash or Credit to your account. You can then apply that towards the league dues for any contest found in the lobby.
We are always around on the boards or in the lobby. We will be doing an overall leader board for the mid-stakes and high-stakes contests for weeks 14-16 and will crown a Sports Illustrated Fantasy Champion for the 2020 Season. Championship Belt, featured in the magazine and more to be announced. We hope all of you are staying safe and hopefully things get back to normal soon and we can all enjoy some football this season!
- July 22, 2020 at 9:57 pm #156209
I understand the 8 game minimum and payout for a shortened season. Does this mean, if we have a shortened season that leagues fees (minus the rake) will be put towards league payouts instead of the Dynasty World Chanpionship?
- July 23, 2020 at 11:24 am #156243
The Dynasty World Championship is largely unaffected due to the fact those teams and drafts already took place.
If the league can’t complete 8 games your 2020 league dues are credited for next year.
- July 22, 2020 at 10:02 pm #156210kyleknappParticipant
There are no contingency plans on the rules page
- July 23, 2020 at 11:21 am #156242
Yeah they’re there. Maybe you didnt scroll far enough.
- July 23, 2020 at 11:15 am #156238TheGambler0711Participant
so if the league gets “dominated” and the guy takes the $10,000. who is the 2nd place finisher (runnerup) and wins the $1500?
- July 23, 2020 at 11:21 am #156241
Good question we should have clarified. Next most points. Will ammend the rules. Otherwise the two teams battle weeks 14-16 like always.
- July 23, 2020 at 11:48 am #156244TheGambler0711Participant
thanks Scott, i figured that but wanted to make sure
- July 23, 2020 at 11:51 am #156245
So no additional IR spots? Can we put guys out due to COVID on IR?
- July 23, 2020 at 12:58 pm #156256
Well the problem is technology. We need to be able to know that a player is COVID#1. #2 When they’re off COVID leave, #3, How do we enforce to make sure they’re back on active rosters. We may lax our IR rules, but until we know how the NFL is going to handle COVID reporting, we are powerless to do something about it.
- July 23, 2020 at 12:40 pm #156255Resistance is FutileParticipant
No IR spots for coronavirus athletes could make things really dicey if things blow up. I hate the thought of having to cut studs just to field a team…
- July 23, 2020 at 12:59 pm #156257
See above. We might be able to address once the NFL lets us know how they’ll handle it, but it’s play by ear.
- July 23, 2020 at 2:56 pm #156269
Some chatter going around about adding roster spots instead of IR spots because of the issues you brought up Scott. I’m not sure I’m in favor of it just pointing it out as a possibility. I’ve also seen some leagues using a team kicker.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.