- March 6, 2018 at 7:53 am #34313
Whether it is age or injury, some players every year get overlooked. Not all these players will become studs, but most will be able to rebound and provide excellent value against their respective ADP’s, here are five potential sleepers!
5. O.Herrera OF PHI — One year removed from a 15/25/.286 slash line, Herrera with a full year of Hoskins and Santana could be tops in the NL in Runs scored…Santana is one of the most patient hitters in MLB, I expect Herrera to get back to that 25+ steal plateau.
4. I.Kinsler 2B LAA — Hitting leadoff for a vastly improved line up hitting in front of Trout and Pujols, you should score a lot of runs. Kinsler averaged 100 runs a season the last four seasons on sub-par DET teams, arrows pointing up here.
3. V.Velasquez SP PHI — Battling injuries last year, VV had one of his worst years, If he can stay healthy, he can get back to that 10.4K/9 he posted in 2016, at 173 IP, he could top 200 K’s, that’s a gamble worth the risk.
2. T.Ross SP SD — Very risky here, coming off a heavily injury plagued last two years, Ross could snag a rotation spot in SD, where he last threw good, Ross posted 407 K’s in 391.2 IP in 2014-15 for…San Diego with a career high K/9 of 9.73 in 2015. I believe he can get back to good and return great value in 2018.
1. T.Walker SP ARI — Humidor effect could lower HR rate by 30+%, Walker posted his highest K/9 last year of 8.35, he lowered his HRs allowed total by 10, and brought his ERA down 73 points while increasing his K total by 27. This could be Walker’s breakout year.
Keeep your eye on– E.Rodriguez (won’t be back until late April), A.Eaton and AJ.Pollock both coming off of injury M.Taylor/H.Renfroe (if these guys get dealt, pick them up), G.Holland (I grabbed him before he had a home, because after he does, he’ll cost more), J.Junis (pitched well for KC down the stretch last year, look for him to land the 4th or 5th SP spot) and A.Reyes (most people like him, but if they’re not, snag him up, could be second half darling down the stretch) M.Chapman (good power at 3B and could be a surprise this year for OAK with a full year under him)
follow me on twitter @SuperEARLII
- March 6, 2018 at 9:13 am #34319Kahring88Participant
I think people are making to big of a deal about the humidor. Yes, it will affect some things but not to the extent people think.
- March 6, 2018 at 11:39 am #34352
I think the humidor will have an effect on all those Pitchers. R.Ray could be spectacular this season, and Walker I believe takes that next step we’ve all been wanting him too. I like PHI this year. VV looks good, maybe if they add a legit arm (Arrieta) he transitions to bullpen. If he’s healthy, he’ll get innings.
- March 6, 2018 at 12:04 pm #34358Adam RonisParticipant
Funny you mentioned Walker. Kinsler is going undervalued in some leagues, although seen him go in round 6 in the Great Fantasy Baseball Invitational. In most leagues, he has been undervalued.
- March 6, 2018 at 2:05 pm #34381
Ronis, we can’t draft together. Lol. We think alike Although I disagree on R.Ray, he could challenge for the Cy Young.
- March 6, 2018 at 2:14 pm #34383Dr. RotoParticipant
Loving the Walker and Kinsler picks here. They are two of my sneaky sleepers this season.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.