5 Very Overlooked Players Who Could Help You Win Your League

FullTime Fantasy Forums SeasonLong (Premium Forum) 5 Very Overlooked Players Who Could Help You Win Your League

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Participant

Whether it is age or injury, some players every year get overlooked. Not all these players will become studs, but most will be able to rebound and provide excellent value against their respective ADP’s, here are five potential sleepers!

5. O.Herrera OF PHI — One year removed from a 15/25/.286 slash line, Herrera with a full year of Hoskins and Santana could be tops in the NL in Runs scored…Santana is one of the most patient hitters in MLB, I expect Herrera to get back to that 25+ steal plateau.

4. I.Kinsler 2B LAA — Hitting leadoff for a vastly improved line up hitting in front of Trout and Pujols, you should score a lot of runs. Kinsler averaged 100 runs a season the last four seasons on sub-par DET teams, arrows pointing up here.

3. V.Velasquez SP PHI — Battling injuries last year, VV had one of his worst years, If he can stay healthy, he can get back to that 10.4K/9 he posted in 2016, at 173 IP, he could top 200 K’s, that’s a gamble worth the risk.

2. T.Ross SP SD — Very risky here, coming off a heavily injury plagued last two years, Ross could snag a rotation spot in SD, where he last threw good, Ross posted 407 K’s in 391.2 IP in 2014-15 for…San Diego with a career high K/9 of 9.73 in 2015. I believe he can get back to good and return great value in 2018.

1. T.Walker SP ARI — Humidor effect could lower HR rate by 30+%, Walker posted his highest K/9 last year of 8.35, he lowered his HRs allowed total by 10, and brought his ERA down 73 points while increasing his K total by 27. This could be Walker’s breakout year.

Keeep your eye on– E.Rodriguez (won’t be back until late April), A.Eaton and AJ.Pollock both coming off of injury M.Taylor/H.Renfroe (if these guys get dealt, pick them up), G.Holland (I grabbed him before he had a home, because after he does, he’ll cost more), J.Junis (pitched well for KC down the stretch last year, look for him to land the 4th or 5th SP spot) and A.Reyes (most people like him, but if they’re not, snag him up, could be second half darling down the stretch) M.Chapman (good power at 3B and could be a surprise this year for OAK with a full year under him)
      follow me on twitter @SuperEARLII

Participant

Nice list.

I think people are making to big of a deal about the humidor. Yes, it will affect some things but not to the extent people think.

Shawn ChildsShawn Childs
        Participant

I agree with humidor statement. I like the group that Ecollyar listed expect Velasquez. I just not sure he can handle a full workload over the long season and his lack of a third pitch has more of a bullpen smell.

Participant

I think the humidor will have an effect on all those Pitchers. R.Ray could be spectacular this season, and Walker I believe takes that next step we’ve all been wanting him too. I like PHI this year. VV looks good, maybe if they add a legit arm (Arrieta) he transitions to bullpen. If he’s healthy, he’ll get innings.

Adam RonisAdam Ronis
      Participant

Funny you mentioned Walker. Kinsler is going undervalued in some leagues, although seen him go in round 6 in the Great Fantasy Baseball Invitational. In most leagues, he has been undervalued.

2018 Fantasy Baseball: Adam Ronis Preseason PRO Picks

Participant

Ronis, we can’t draft together. Lol. We think alike Although I disagree on R.Ray, he could challenge for the Cy Young.

Dr. RotoDr. Roto
      Participant

Loving the Walker and Kinsler picks here. They are two of my sneaky sleepers this season.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.