2019 Cut down date and rookie draft

FullTimeFantasy Sports Home Forums Contests, Leagues and Events (FFWC) 2019 Cut down date and rookie draft

This topic contains 13 replies and was last updated by Avatar kyleknapp 3 months, 4 weeks ago. This post has been viewed 488 times

• Author
    rfantauzzo
    Participant

Scott,

I noticed that on the rules page it says the rookie draft starts the 27th, but the first cut down isn’t until the 29th. Which date is right and which is wrong? Thanks

Scott Atkins
    Scott Atkins
    Keymaster

Great catch! Cutdown is the 22nd, the Monday before the NFL draft, always. I have corrected this and will of course, send a couple of emails before then ensuring every team is compliant. Thanks for having a good eye on this!

Urban
    Participant

when is the rookie draft?

will we have access to set our player rankings for the draft if we are unavailable for it?

Muto
    Participant

The rookie draft can’t be on April 27th the NFL draft is still going on.  The rookie draft was on Saturday the week after the NFL draft last year.  It was the first Saturday in May.  The rookie draft has never been during the NFL draft there is just no logical reason to ever do that.

Scott Atkins
    Scott Atkins
    Keymaster

This is correct and I’m going to send an email to everyone due to my mistake. The drafts start the Saturday following the NFL draft, so May 4 aka Derby Day.

Urban
    Participant

when will we be able to set our rookie draft rankings for auto draft?

Urban
    Participant

can we set prerankings for rookie draft and set our draft to autodraft?

Urban
    Participant

does the rookie draft still happen if there are orphans n our league?

rfantauzzo
    Participant

I feel like there should be some sort of penalty for not cutting down to 20 on time. In #41 there’s still 6 teams with over 20 players and one of them just sent me an email trying to get a late pick for one of his extra players. Would love a survey question on this next year. This seems to get worse or worse. How about if you can’t seem to cut down to 20 on time, you have to cut down to 19. That will get people moving.

jscarnati
    Participant

Same offenders year after year. Managers are hiding players on IR after cutdown date. I thought that the FFWC was going to impose some penalty for these offenders. Yes, these are marginal players that will / should be dropped to get to 20, but the rules are the rules. Or are some managers exempt because they have so many teams?

Scott Atkins
    Scott Atkins
    Keymaster

The deadline was moved to tomorrow gang, you should have all received an email about that yesterday. Check your spam folder.
    We will make the cuts tomorrow as we go through all the leagues that are over. Always takes us a while but we get there.

Muto
    Participant

With the new rule of 21 roster spots why are we cutting down to 20 players right before the season ?  We all had our drafts and all teams are over 21 players right now it makes zero sense to have everyone cut down to 20 so then everyone has to pick up a FA to fill their roster out.  The cut down to 20 before the draft made perfect sense but making everyone cut to 20 right before the season makes zero sense.

This should be changed to cut down to 21 players since every single team is above 21 players right now.

Urban
      Participant

I don’t understand, why have a 21 round draft to have cut a player and add one in free agency…21 round startup superflex?

kyleknapp
    Participant

We should not have to cut anyone in the Superflex leagues, right? I understand the regular league so its fair to everyone, but not Superflex leagues when the drafts were 21 rounds.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.