Man, you win a seat at a live final and suddenly everyone wants advice for a shor slate on a Sunday afternoon… Hah! I kid mostly, I love helping out and am happy to do this. I’ll have my main article for the 5pm DK slate as the main slate today (yeah, I’m in full DK mode for the next week). But here’s a glance at the three games in the FanDuel early slate today.
Philadelphia Flyers … Couturier-Girioux-Konecny-Gostisbehere
Just first glance at the three games, the Flyers-Rangers looks like it could be the sneaky high scoring game. There will be exposure on the Devils/Hurricanes because of the vegas total there but I dont love that game a ton. The McDavid-MacKinnon matchup in the other game looks nice, but the Rangers defense is terrible and its not because of a lack of heart right now, they just dont have the skill. Lock in the Flyers who are due to get on a hot streak.
FAVORITE ONE OFFS & COMBO’S
- Alex Kerfoot & Mikko Rantanen (Avs) – Even though MacKinnon is back, I hate that they moved Wilson up to his line. I think the Avs top line is going to be focused on shadowing McDavid and that will open up the scoring for Mikko and Kerfoot.
- Mikka Zibanejad & Rick Nash (Rangers)
- Jordan Staal & Sebastiah Aho (Canes) – Nice, Aho back to Wing on FD
- Derek Ryan & Justin Williams (Canes)
- Kyle Palmieri (Devils)
- Connor McDavid (Oilers) … Duh
Make sure you use the Optimizer to find other value plays for today.
Cam Ward (Unconfirmed) … The Devils are playing their third game in four nights and second in a row on the road. Short slate, gimme Ward who is a heavy favorite shockingly here and although he doesnt always face a ton of shots, I like him today. Second choices would either be whomever starts for the Flyers or Avs
LINE LOCK: Couturier-Girioux-Konecny (Flyers)