Week 14 – MNF Showdown
Minnesota Vikings (+3)
The Vikings will be looking to get back on track after playing all the way on the east coast last week (New England) and now going as far west as they can to Seattle. Thats a lot of travel and a tough place to go into, but the Vikings passing game is where the fantasy gold will come tonight.
- Kirk Cousins … Cousins in a prime-time need this to make playoffs game? C’mon. I dont love him at all. That said, I like the 1-2 WR punch and that makes Cousie in play.
- Running Backs
- Dalvin Cook … The price on Murray makes Cook more of a fade today. This feels like a Lat Murray ground game even though Seattle defends the rush well at home.
- Latavius Murray … See above
- Wide Receiers
- Adam Thielen … I don’t care who he faces, Thielen off a bad game is a must start for me today.
- Stefon Diggs … Diggs also carries some upside here, more likely to have that one big catch that brings back a big game for him, but the idea of getting Cousins-Thielen-Diggs tonight is tempting.
- Aldrick Robinson … With Tielen being taken away last game Robinson saw his targets increase, I would not expect a repeat of that tonight. He’s a Do not touch for me.
- Laquon Treadwell … Treadwell is unlikely to see more than 3 targets tonight IMO.
- Tight Ends
- Kyle Rudolph … Seattle historically is always decent against TE.
Seattle Seahawks (-3)
Seattle is playing really well but hasn’t been tested much lately. They should control the tempo here if they can be good running on first down but I don’t like many of the RB for showdown tonight. Russ Wilson is a must since he factors in almost all of their touchdowns lately.
- Russ Wilson
- Running Backs … There is some inconsistency here and some injury news. All three likely will be active but take a flyer on Mike Davis tonight
- Chris Carson
- Rashaad Penny
- Mike Davis
- Wide Receivers …
- Tyler Lockett … Russ’ favorite big play guy. Unlikely to see a bomb against this Vikings defense though. Baldwin is OUT tonight, so Lockett and Moore are very good plays now for PPR purposes.
- David Moore
- Jaron Brown
- Tight Ends
- Nick Vannett … I love Vannett. This is the spot to attack the Vikings defense and we know Vannett is an option in the red zone.
- Ed Dickson … Dickson or Vannett will score tonight.
KICKERS / DEFENSE …
Both defenses bring nice sack upside tonight but I think we see a game get into the 20’s on both sides, so we need the touchdowns and thus I am fading them both. I would lean on Seattle’s kicker at home which is a tough place to kick. So for those of you keeping score at home, that would be old man Sebastian Janikowski
PREFERRED CAPTAINS … Adam Thielen, Doug Baldwin, Russ Wilson, Nick Vannett (2 TD?)
Player to score 1st Touchdown
- Stefon Diggs +900
- Nick Vannett +1800
- Ed Dickson +2500
- Chris Carson UNDER 60.5 Rush Yards
- Kirk Cousins OVER 0.5 INT
- Lat Murray OVER 21.5 Rush Yards