Welcome to New Years Day Bowl Games. We have five big games on the slate(s) today with all the premiere bowl games in action today.
- Mississippi State vs Iowa – Outback Bowl
- LSU vs UCF – Fiesta Bowl
- Kentucky vs Penn State – Citrus Bowl
- Washington vs Ohio State – Rose Bowl
- Texas vs Georgia – Sugar Bowl
Unlike yesterday there isn’t one game that is clear above the rest as this is a pretty balanced slate of games. The two games that are interesting to me are the Fiesta Bowl and the Sugar Bowl. The Fiesta Bowl between LSU and UCF features the highest powered offense attack in UCF against an LSU defense that will be without two key players in their secondary, while LSU should be able to run at will against UCF’s poor rush defense. The Sugar Bowl to me is a clear miss match with an angry Georgia team likely destroying Sam Ehlinger but what is tempting is how much I think Georgia can do offensively in this game.
Overall, this is a slate to pay up at QB and RB and take value at Wide Receiver.
UPDATE – Added some more value options
- Dwayne Haskins – OSU … The prestige of the Rose Bowl will help make Haskins high owned here and Ohio State has aired it out all season long and likely will do so again in Urban Meyer’s final game.
- Trace McSorely – Penn State … Senior game for McSorely who I think will go out on a high note.
- Darriel Mack Jr – UCF … I would trust Mack a little more against an LSU secondary without two of their best DB’s than Ehlinger against an angry UGA team.
- Sam Ehlinger – Texas … He has two solid WR options but a really tough spot. Good news is he’ll be playing from behind and should air it out all game.
Not Good but in Good Spots
- Jake Fromm – UGA … I lean the RB, but if you wanna keep drinking on New YEars day then …. well…. Here you go.
- Joe Burrow – LSU
- Jake Browning – Washington
STUDS … All four of these guys are in great spots this week. Swift and Brossette for me at the top two
- DeAndre Swift – UGA
- Nick Brossette – LSU
- Benny Snell – Kentucky
- Myles Garrett – Washington
MID RANGE / VALUE
- Elijah Holyfield – UGA … Holyfield can pop off a big one and at 5100 on DK he’s likely to hit 2x value without any issues in a game I think UGA romps in.
- Miles Sanders – PSU
- JK Dobbins – Ohio State
- Greg McCrae – UCF
- Gabe Davis – UCF
- Lil’Jordan Humpfrey – Texas … Expect UGA to try and take him away, but he’s one of the better WR on the slate by a mile. They’ll get him involved as much as they can
- Parris Campbell – OSU
- KJ Hamler – PSU
- Aaron Fuller – Washington
- TJ Hockenson – Iowa … Gets a boost this week, should hit value on DK.
- Dredrick Snelson – UCF
- Riley Ridley – UGA
- Tre Nixon – UCF … Attack the LSU secondary which is depleted with guys sitting out
- Pat Freiermuth – PSU … Kentucky without their WLB today, I think PSU is gonna lean on Trace today which opens up his passing game options.
- Ty Jones – Washington
- Ja’Marr Chase – LSU
- Ben Victor – OSU
- Andre Baccellia – Washington